Sunday, December 4, 2011

What is a great rewards credit card for someone who pays it off every month?

I'm looking for a credit card with a good rewards program for someone that pays off their bill each month in full. I dislike Air Miles (too many restrictions for flights). Basically what card gives you more bang for your spending?|||Try the AMEX Blue card. You get cash back, rather than points or miles, for every single dollar you spend. And the more you spend, the more cash back you will earn. I've been using it for years, and it's great.|||It kind of depends on your lifestyle and needs. Are you a traveler? A shopper? Drive alot and spend alot on gas? There are many types of rewards cards. I personally pay mine off each month, and have about 3 different cards that I use to pay for different types of purchases I make regularly.





For instance: I have the Discover open road card, which gives me 5% Back for my gas purchases (up to a certain limit each month, I think $100).. I use the Chase Freedom card for my grocery shopping and any gas that exceeds $100 a month plus drug stores (5% also, up to a limit of $400 I believe. I don't travel much by airline, so I don't pay attention to those rewards cards, but there are many that are good.





The discover cards give you either cash or you can get gift cards, to places that EVERYONE buys things from - and get an extra 10-20% of cash value on them. Big name retailers. Last year, I was able to redeem alot of my rewards for gift cards for family members- like restaurants, or places like foot locker or cabellas for the athletes and outdoorspeople, etc. Great program. Chase gives cash back.





If you need more info, here is a great website/article on rewards/rebate cards:





http://www.creditinfocenter.com/cards/cr鈥?/a>|||Credit is very important, but can also be very confusing. I was actually able to do a quick search and find some great information relevant to your question at this website:


http://www.redfoxcredit.com





Best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment