Thursday, December 15, 2011

How long until I get good credit with my Capital One credit card?

I have zero credit. I have been trying to gain good credit but no one will give me a loan, Target and Walmart refused me their credit cards because I have no credit. So I got an offer from Capital One for their credit card, and they approved me! I was so excited but now I am hearing the horror stories about them. If I keep my card for a year, charge as little as possible and pay slightly over the minimum would I have enough good credit that I could cancel the card and get myself a better one?|||That is a good plan to build credit. I do recommend (if you are going to use a credit card) paying the balance in full each month, and not carry a balance. When you carry a balance from month to month you are charged interest on the balance. I recommend never charging any more than you can pay off in full when the statement is available.|||Use it conservatively, pay off the full balance on time every month and you will be fine.|||Use the card wisely by charging only what you can pay when the monthly statement comes in. Always pay in full and pay on time. Do not carry a balance and do not ever be late with your payment. In six months your credit rating will have improve good to excellent.|||I have a Capital One card and never had any problems with them. If you pay on time and stay under your credit limit then you should be fine.|||Paying slightly over the minimum will do nothing to help your credit...pay it off in full. And as for Captial One, they can't take a hint. I only returned about 1,000 of their offers by 'return to sender' and I finally had to call the opt out line which can be found at the bottom of most offer memos.

No comments:

Post a Comment