Sunday, December 4, 2011

I havent paid my credit card bill during 6 month introductory 0 APR period. How it affects my credit history?

I got my first new credit card in June this year, and I have an introductory 0 APR till Dec. I have not paid my bills except the minimum dues. How it affects my credit score? I am planning to build my credit history.|||You have accomplished nothing. The idea of 0%APR is to save interest on your purchases. By only paying the min you have only deferred the interest.


Use the banks money and have it paid back or a large portion before interest kicks in..


You had 6 months same as cash and wasted your advantage.


As far as your credit rating, it is fine but could be better if you had paid the card off each month or kept your balance less than 1/3 of your limit that will boost your score.


Once you get well established you may want to do what I do and that is get a new interest card and buy the higher priced items such as electronics or appliances and finance them for free. Get the drift?|||At the end of the 0% intro period, if you have a balance, the interest will be recalculated from DAY ONE and you'll have a big interest balance reflected on your balance. Get it paid off before the end of the intro period, then pay off the balance every month.





With a credit card, you are BUYING a credit score, not earning one. You earn a credit score by saving money in a savings account, investment account or other liquid accounts.|||Utilization is 30% of your credit score. The lower the balance the better. If you are trying to build credit then you need to pay this off and keep the account open.





Carrying a balance doesn't help your score. It hurts it. Pay this off ASAP.|||try to pay it off on time

No comments:

Post a Comment