Saturday, December 17, 2011

Will a credit card company recheck my credit on a card I haven't used in a whilte?

I pulled my credit report and there is a credit card showing as open with a 23K available credit and -0- balance. The card was opened in 1989 and the company has not reported since 2004. I have since filed bankruptcy, but did not list the account as there was no balance on it at the time I filed. If I contact the company will they reissue the card? will they recheck my credit?|||I would say since they have not reported since 2004 and you wanted the card reissued that they would indeed pull a current credit report. Credit card companies and banks can check your credit every month if they want.....they do this most of the time to see if you have been late on ANYTHING...and if you have been they raise your interest rate to the max...but they are sneaky little devils because they put this kind of stuff in their disclosures so they are legally able to do it.|||i would say they would. but sometimes if it's dormant they can close it out without notifying you!|||You do not mention if you have the card or not.


I will assume no, or if you do it is expired.





Most major card issuers will pull a credit report and re-decision any account not used for two years.


You could call and ask.


If you filed BK on other accounts with them, most likely they will not even consider opening the account.


If not then, if your job and income is good, maybe they will open a small line of $500.


a%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment