Sunday, December 4, 2011

What happens to my credit card account after my bank closes my account?

It looks like the bank will terminate my account due to some particular reasons but I have some questions..I have a chequing account and a visa account.. and if my bank terminates me what will happen to the credit card debt i owe? How do i pay it back if my account is closed? Is the credit card and credit card account still usable? Will only the chequing one be closed?|||You'll have to talk directly to the bank on this one. If you owe a balance, you'll continue being billed for that even if the card is closed. Your ability to charge more will be closed but the balance is still a loan you owe.


Don't assume if they are closing the chequing side that they will also close credit cards. They typically operate in completely different groups within the banks.


Your card might continue to work just fine.|||Credit Card acct is entirely different n its usable.


U can pay on line from different Bank also.


All the best.|||Welcome to chaos. They can shut down everything until you go in and talk to them. So do it. They don't take directions from anyone here.

No comments:

Post a Comment