Sunday, December 4, 2011

What is the best credit card for 18 year old?

I am turning 18 in a week and going to college in the fall. I want to get a credit card, hopefully for my birthday but I don't know how to pick the best one. Any advice? Or should I get a student credit card? Or a debit card even? I know credit card you can accumulate good credit and points, etc. Thanks|||You must be over 21 to get a credit card, and employed. You parents can get you a student account at your bank and with their permission, obtain a debit card. This way your parents can deposit funds for school, etc, while you are in school.





Otherwise, at age 18, you open regular checking and savings accounts at a bank. You will get an ATM card. If you are working, you might get a debit card with Visa or MasterCard logo (different banks use one or the other). If you build up a good relationship with your bank, build up your credit, and have a good track record on the job, then after you turn 21, you can talk to your bank about a credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment