Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pay off Credit card or put incentive check into savings?

I can pay off a credit card, but soon I'll have to buy school supplies/clothes for my 4 kids and birthday and Christmas. Do I pay off the credit card and then save the payment for these purchases or do I put it all in saving and dip into it as I need to. My worry is that I'll spend all of it faster if its in savings, or I'll just use my credit card again. Any financial savy people out there able to give me advise?|||I would pay off your credit card. You always want to make sure you never use more then half of the available balance on your credit card other wise it hurts your credit. I always says if you don't have the cash for it you can't afford it. I understand there are some things that you have to finance like a house, or new car.|||A typical savings account pays 2 or 3% but an average credit card charges 18%. Do the math.|||pay off your debt!!!


let's say there was no check from the gov't - you would still have to buy "supplies/clothes for my 4 kids and birthday and Christmas".


or, your savings acct pays you how much interest? vs. how much do you have to pay the bank on your credit card?


PAY OFF YOUR CREDIT CARD!!!|||I would recommend paying off the credit card first. Because interest rates on savings are really low right now, especially on short term investing. Besides, you'll never earn more than the rate your credit card is charging you. Then you should cut up the card, but leave the account open. But don't worry, you'll be able to get a replacement card for free within about a week, but that way if you have the urge to impulse buy, you won't be able to use your credit card to do it. Of course, you'll be able to order a replacement card in time to do the shopping your wanting to use your card for. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it's a good way to keep your credit score high and also discipline yourself.|||Pay off the cards, it'l help your credit rating and eliminate interested rate charges. Using credit cards and paying them off is the best thing you can do for your credit, just don't charge them up all the way and pay slowly.|||I too recommend paying off the credit card debt. With the money you save sending in payments to the credit cards (with interest), you can save that up for the birthday and Christmas gifts. I never recommend using a credit to charge more than you can pay off IN FULL each month. Keeping your credit card utilization rate low is also another great way to boost your FICO credit score. Those who utilize more than 50% of their revolving credit limit are viewed as too dependent on the debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment