Sunday, December 4, 2011

What happens when i get a credit on my credit card balance?

I made a purchase on my credit card... paid the credit card bill... then returned my purchase and got a credit to my balance... where is the money? Does it just deduct from my credit card balance? I don't actually get the money back to me?|||Correct. The money will be deducted from your credit card balance.





If your current balance is zero, you will have a negative balance when the credit goes through|||It means they took a charge off of it or they credited you with a certain amount for whatever reason. Hence the minus sign next to the amount showing it was removed from your balance.|||IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE BALANCE-If you don't use it up they will cut you a check after a certain amount of time. I currently have the balance on my capital 1 card paid off and I pay them like 3 bucks every other month to keep the account active. Every once in a while they will send me a $3 check. It's tedious but it makes me look like a better credit risk to potential creditors, should I need it.





I am in your situation with one of my cards and I am here to tell you that YES you will actually get it back, if you don't use it somehow, and if you wait long enough; they will send you a check in the mail. You might have to leave the negative balance on there 3 or 6 months before they cut you a check but they will eventually.





If you still owe them money on the balance, then no you won't get the check, it will just take off of your balance and might even qualify as a partial payment.|||No, you won't get the money back, it should still stay on your credit card account as a negative, until you spend the amount refunded. So say you have a credit on there for $25.00 and you spend $30.00 on it, your next bill should only be for $5.00.|||No, the money goes back to your available balance.





From what you are saying you now have more than your credit limit because you "overpaid" either the overpayment will be applied to you minimum amount due or it will be added into your credit limit. You won't get cold hard cash in your hands but next month you might not have to pay your minimum or your minimum payment will be less.|||I agree with kd5bel.





You'll only get cash back if the overpayment was an error (in your case it's a refund, so not a mistake) and you ask the card issuer for it back, or if you close the account with a credit balance.





I've got a cashback account that just went into credit as the annual cashback amount was applied to my zero balance. I went out and spent it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment