Sunday, December 4, 2011

Is it better to pay a credit card bill when it comes in the mail or can you make a payment sooner?

I just recently got a credit card after having bad credit for a long time. I used most of the available credit paying some bill and things but I am able to make a payment on the card now ( I haven't received my first bill yet). Should I wait until the bill comes or will paying it sooner affect my credit the same?|||Be careful.. some credit card companies won't credit your payment properly until your statment "closing date". If you pay the entire balance in full this shouldn't matter, but if you are making a partial payment and send it to them before they generate the bill, it won't be applied towards the upcoming payment that's due. If you assume it will, you can wind up being hit with a late payment fee.





I always try to pay as soon as possible over the web, but I wait until the the website for the card claims I have a payment due on some upcoming date (usually 14-20 days after the statement closes). If it says no payment is due, then I either pay the balance in full, or remind myself that I'll need to make another payment in a week or two.|||if u can pay it sooner then do it|||You can sign up to view your balance on line, so you'll know where you're at any point of the monthy. It's handy to know if you went out of control at one point and need to scale back. You can also make smaller payments so that when the bill is due it isn't so difficult.|||Pay it as soon as you can but if you don't pay it all and pay before the statement closes you will still have a minimum payment after the statement date.|||paying sooner online will not affect you at all! go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment