Sunday, December 4, 2011

Is a discover credit card good for a college student first credit card with an apr of 16.99?

I am I college student and I need a credit card. I have never had a credit card, but I know now is the time for me to start building my credit. What should I do?|||Discover is not nearly as widely accepted as Visa (or Mastercard). I would forget Discover and go with Visa instead.





16.99% is kind of high, but you should plan on paying it off in full each month anyway, in which case it doesn't matter what the APR is.





Also, make sure there is no annual fee just to have that card. There are many credit card issuers that offer a student credit card with no annual fee. Bank of America, for one.





Once you establish your credit (keep good on it for a year), you should apply for a rewards credit card, something that might get you cash back or airline rewards.





Again, pay off your card IN FULL every month. It will help your credit score the most. Don't believe it if others tell you differently (there is a lot of bad info that goes around).





Good luck!|||Check out http://www.NextGenerationCredit.com|||Get the card and use it every month for small purchases. Pay it in full every month. This will build good payment history and avoid paying interest.|||you are not going to get anything with a lower rate anymore and you should use it as little as possible and pay off any balances as quickly as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment