Sunday, December 4, 2011

What is the best student credit card, and what bank should I get it from?

I'm getting a student credit card to start building my credit, and I could use some advice from someone other than my mother. Websites are appreciated!|||NONE of the credit cards are good for students.


Use a debit card.


Learn to live within your means.|||"student" only means you start out at a lower limit. Any of the major brands are good, as long as there is no annual fee attached. You will probably start with a secured card at a credit union. Just make your payments on time every month (preferably IN FULL) and your credit score will keep going up. A $1,000 deposit on hold will get you an $800 line of credit, of which you generally only want to utilize half or less.





If you cannot handle a credit card, stick with green cash and a checking account (but not a debit card, b/c they are too easy to overdraft.)|||''Capital One''


All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment